OBX Brewathlon Adventure Race
The 2017 OBX Brewathlon Adventure Race
2017 OBX Brewathlon Adventure Race Specifications
The race will include most of the adventure and leisure activities that the Outer Banks is known for:
- Horse shoes
- Corn hole
- Standup Paddle boarding
Each physical activity will be followed directly after with a recreational, traditional beer drinking game to keep it low stakes, fun and unique. The race can be split up as a team event/relay or a one many show “Ironman” entrance. All teams or individuals will be transporting (1) can of beer for the entire duration of the event.
Date: October 28th , 2017 Saturday
Registration: 8 AM, Kitty Hawk Kayak & Surf School, 6150 North Croatan HWY, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Start Time: 9 AM
Entry Fee: $59.00/participant includes event tee shirt, $199/4 person relay team includes event tee shirt.
2017 OBX Brewathlon Adventure Race Course
- The race will begin at Kitty Hawk Kayak & Surf with a horseshoe toss contest. Participants will have to score 5 points tossing horse (leaners or ringers).
- Then race participants will hit the water and SUP north on a 1 mile loop heading north onto Jean Guite Creek.
- Once completed, participants will then swap out their SUPs for kayaks and then paddle 2 miles south towards the Kitty Hawk Boat Launch on Bob Perry Road.
- Participants will have to score 5 points in the corn hole toss before launching their SUPs.
- Participants will then run 2.5 miles back north along Bob Perry Road and Woods Road to finish the race at the corner of 158 and Woods Road in Kitty Hawk.
Download the specs sheet here: 2017 OBX Brewathlon Adventure Race Race Specs