Kitty Hawk Kayak and Surf School is Celebrating 10 Years on the Forefront of Outer Banks Recreation
Wow!!! We can’t believe Kitty Hawk Kayak & Surf School has been in business for 10 years!!! It has been a privilege, a blessing and really darn fun serving Outer Banks locals and visitors alike for the last 10 years!! And with no signs of slowing down yet we plan on helping folks on the Outer Banks learn how to surf, kayak and stand up paddle for many more years to come. And with a decade in business, it has got us nostalgically looking back over the last 10 years at our business and the many 1sts we have experienced as leaders of recreation on the Outer Banks.
- The first and only kayak outfitter on the Outer Banks to offer and require American Canoe and Kayak Certification for our guides. Today we offer more kayaking trip than any other outfitter on the Outer Banks.
- The first surf school on the Outer Banks to obtain certification with the National Surf School and Instructor Association.
- The Outer Banks’ first surf instructor certified by the National Surf School and Instructor Association.
- The first surf school on the Outer Banks to offer Stand Up Paddleboarding Lessons and tours. Today we offer and deliver more stand up paddleboard tours on the Outer Banks than any other outfitter on the beach in four locations from Duck to Avon.
- The first surf school to offer a full 5 day surf camp for locals and visitors incorporating surfing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, surf board factory visits and coastal education.
- We are the only outfitter on the Outer Banks pledging 1% of our gross receipts to local and international environmental stewardship programs through 1 Percent for the Planet. To date we have contributed almost $20,000 to programs that help conserve and protect our oceans, rainforests and coastlines.
- The first outfitter on the Outer Banks to offer guided kayak tours and stand up paddle trips at night to observe bioluminescent bacteria glowing in the water.
For 10 years we have always taken the safety of our customers very seriously, and we are committed to the sound training and safe protocols that we employ to make sure your trip or lesson with us is safe, fun and educational. We will continue to keep your families’ safety our top priority while continuing to offer more first class recreational activities in the incredible environment that is the barrier islands of the Outer Banks. Thanks for surfing, kayaking, renting and stand up paddling with us, and see you on the water!!
Herman Hall and Heather MacLean,
Owners Kitty Hawk Kayak & Surf School